View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #51
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Ressurected (topical phrase eh?) this thread, as I've been reading the Weapons and Warfare book and it seems to give a few clues as to what will be in the EE.

1/ It mentions the WK breaking Gandalf's staff. I can't remember but do we see Gandalf's staff after Pippin finds him and tells him about Faramir as this is where the confrontation will probably be.

2/ Aragorn looks into the Palantir in MINAS TIRITH after the battle of pellenor fields and confronts Sauron.

3/ This in turn causes Orcs to catch up with Frodo and Sam, but as they are in Orc costume they get away with it (as we all know)

4/ Mouth of Sauron is taught a lesson by Aragorn at the black gates

5/ Denethor's Palantir is also mentioned in the book as the thing that started to send him mad, so we may see this.

6/ It mentions that Merry stabs the WK twice??????

7/ It mentions Houses of Healing - Eoywn being waylaid by the effects of killing the witch king (but nothing on merry so maybe he's left out of house of healing as he was at the black gate)

8/ it mentions the love of faramir and eoywn, and faramir becoming the prince of ithilien, and eoywn his wife.

9/ funnily enough it gives 3 possible endings (ie rumours) for Saruman. 1 is that he's killed by Wormtounge at isengard, one is that his end comes in the shire (!!!!!!), and one that he ventured into the East.

-----------

Thing I picked up from TV shows

7/ Hopefully we will see the Crossroads as I saw this being filmed on a documentary.

8/ I saw a great shot of Sam sadly throwing away his saucepans in a documentary. hopefully this will be in the EE.

Things I picked up from the editing

8/ The Captains of the West are on horse back at the end of one scene at the black gate and then on foot when we go back. Will something happen in between?

9/ You can see the Watchers when Sam goes into the Tower. Will we see anything of his struggle?

10/ If we have a MoS, then what about the Mithril shirt? I don't remember Frodo having it on his way to Mount Doom, so hopefully this will stay as in the book.

11/ The ending, to me, seemed RUSHED. Will we have anything else in the Shire?

12/ what about goodbyes from the fellowship. or will this be too much?

13/ an epilouge on what happened to the characters at the end of the film. PB and FW have mentioned on the ain't it cool website that this could well be in the EE.

Roll on November...............
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote