View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Ok...that was very interresting. But I would have to disagree with you on alot of that. Although you made some very very good points in that. So, first of all,

Quote:
Merry and the Nazgul are deeply bounded throughout the book
I don't really get what you mean by that. You lost me comletely on that one. Could you explain a little more, Please??

Quote:
Merry for the more mature and responsible one
Uh, wasn't it Merry AND Pippin who always got into trouble? I thought Frodo was the most responsible and mature. For instance, he was older and had alot more knowledge of everything. And Frodo just seemed to be one of the only Hobbits knowing what he was doing through the whole trip.

Quote:
Merry and Pippin are the actual representatives of the hobbits, of the hobbits' spirit - the spirit of friendship mainly
This one is the one I have to disagree with. Frodo and Sam are the ones I thought showed the most love for friendship. I mean, Sam practically carried Frodo up Mt. Doom. And when Frodo was captured by the Orcs, Sam risked his life just to save him. And I'm not even going to mention the whole Shelob thing. Cause that's just pure friendship in itself. Yes, Merry and Pippin did show a good friendship between each other. But I think Frodo and Sam were the ones who showed it even more.

Other than those, I kinda got what you mean. And I'm not trying to argue or anything with you, Mirkgirl. I was just posting my opinion on what I thought. And I'm sorry if you possibly take some of the things I say personally, cause I didn't mean them to be a comment against what you're veiwpoint is. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote