View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #159
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Went back to see just what it was that unnerved me in Lommy's posts, and I think it mostly boils down to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I can't see that. And that alone wouldn't help them because Ferny too should know them before they can form an alliance. I don't think we should worry about Ferny. I think you're making him a big threat which I can't see him being, and that makes me wonder. Who on earth would want to portray the situation in such grim light? Ferny herself, perhaps?
If the wraiths know who Ferny is, they can probably find a way to tip him off. This just struck me as a sinister looking attempt to downplay the danger (sure, Ferny isn't much of a problem early in the game, but if he lives, and he very well might with his informant powers, he could cost us the game). The last sentence looks especially bad - just the sort of vague insinuation that baddies love to make.
Then there's this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Haha, this looks suspiciously like a case. But it's not one. I don't really suspect you. (I don't suspect anyone.)
The lady doth protest too much.

This was coupled with her reaction to Mac's "to this end" remark, but overall, now that I examine these things, they start to look a bit more innocent.

I was just reminded of something someone else said that I ought to take a second look at, though. Back soon.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote