View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #219
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Case against Pitchwolf

Day 1 - nothing, as he wasn't here.
However, Nessa voted for him, expecting him to be mod-fired. Nobody else would have voted for him. Was it a throwaway vote against an innocent, or a vote so she could say "I voted for a wolf!" later?

Day 2
- Chatted with Inzil about Nessa before the Seer-revelation.
- Voted for Kitanna.
I wasn't expecting the voting record on Day 2 to be very useful. A sensible wolf would vote Inzil in order to seem less suspicious later on. On the other hand, Pitch might have been relying upon doing the opposite of the sensible thing in order to appear less suspicious.
- Thought that Inzil was the Seer, initially. (Although he is not the only one who thought that - Sally did too.)
- Corrected Inzil about Shasta.
Yes, yesterDay I thought this was evidence of his innocence. But paranoia has set in, and I'm sure a Pitchwolf would be very happy to correct an Inzilwolf on that.

Day 3
- Did an analysis of each person. Most suspicious of Eomer and Shasta.

Day 4
- Was tetchy in response to a typo by me saying I'd do an "analysis of Pitchwolf" rather than an "analysis of a Pitchwolf"; said that people would get the wrong impression and think that my mind was already made up. Even though in the same paragraph, I said that I still suspected Shasta the most.
- Might be showing signs of feeling troubled by me backing off slightly from 100% definitely voting for Shasta.
- Used what I find spectacularly bad reasoning as his reason for voting for me.

It seemed rushed and based (a) on odd, flimsy logic, and (b) based on the premise that if I were a wolf I would gain something from G55's death, which is not correct. This makes it seem to me as if he realised I might not be as 100% set on voting for Shasta as he was the previous night, and panicked a bit.

Re the killing of G55,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
If we have a Pitchwolf, it might be that having an unknown (Sally) was preferable to having someone who was unlikely to vote Cop and considered Pitch to be a more likely wolf than me. Had Sally been killed, a Pitchwolf would have likely been facing a vote from G55 (and possibly a self-preservation one from me, as well, considering Cop's likely vote for me.)
this states the possible reasons for Pitch to kill her rather than Sally.

Case against Shastawolf

Day 1
- Gave the first vote for Nessawolf, before she made her suspicious Pitch vote. Could have been a wolf-on-wolf vote; it was by no means certain at that point that anyone else would be voting for her.

Day 2
- Inzil implied incorrectly that Shasta voted for Nessa after her vote for Pitch rather than before. This could be a subtle attempt to protect Shasta.
However...he could probably expect us to remember what actually happened. Also, Pitchwife jumped in to pick him up on that. I had taken that as a sign of Pitch's innocence, but now it's down to the point of Shasta vs Pitch, I'm not sure I like using the same bit of evidence to say one is innocent and one's guilty, especially when the evidence is based on a statement from Inzilwolf.

Day 3
- Did not give his opinions of Eomer and Pitch on when I asked him to.
- Makes a case against me and only me; if he's a wolf, that was a good time in which to do so, before the final Day.
- Innocent-Eomer found him more suspicious than Pitch.

Day 4

Re the killing of G55, if we have Shastawolf, he may have thought that Sally would be more likely to trust him. His odds were fairly bad in a hypothetical toDay with G55 alive, as I think that he would have been much more likely to get a vote from Pitchwife. He would have known that unless things changed somehow, he would be very likely to get a vote from me.

So...to sum this up, I think that both a Shastawolf and a Pitchwolf would have a reason to keep Sally around. Shasta may have a better reason, but Pitch was also in a spot of bother having G55 around who suspected him more than Shasta. They would both gain from this move.

Pitch's vote for me and his reasons for it make me feel very suspicious of him. His actions are consistent with a wolf getting rattled toDay and making some bad leaps of logic as a result of it. However, he must have known that doing so would look very suspicious. He could also be a panicked, rushed innocent.

Shasta has stayed mostly calm, has spoken up a little more toDay. However, even though he suspects me a lot for reasons for reasons I find a bit shaky, he's realised that if I were a wolf I don't have anything to gain from G55 being killed. His progression of thought toDay seems more logical than Pitch's. But I find myself feeling much more suspicious of him while reading his posts than I do Pitchwife.

I would really like to hear from Sally and see if she has more any insight. If I was forced to vote right now, I would probably stick to my guns and vote for Shasta. But Pitch has been acting suspiciously toDay too.

Last edited by Coppermirror; 08-17-2012 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Corrected a name.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote