View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #125
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
For the Gondorians

I'm reproducing Form's PM here. Seeing as this is a planning thread, we may as well use it as such, rather than going through the slightly more labour intensive process of PMing one another whenever we have an idea.

Quote:
Which includeth Anguirel, for though his character is not privy to the discussions of the other Gondorians, it touches upon a matter close to his interests- namely, what dirt can the Gondorians hope to dig up on Dracomir.

Now, I fear that I rather wrote us into a bit of a corner in my last post... and anybody with ideas for what would embarrass the Malfoidacils would be much appreciated. I'm half thinking that maybe the Gondorians will decide to take the opposite tack: what will isolate Malfoidacil the most from his Mordorian comrades. But, alas, I am as devoid of ideas there as otherwise.

Possibly it would be best if someone... Angawen maybe, were to try and slip out of the palace, and do some skulking around. I'm not sure if we're allowed to do that, under Fea, and we'd have to run it by her for sure. If we could, it might be interesting to dig up information that Tom Felton is a "wizard". I doubt if wizards are in high esteem in Gondor these days, or any days for that matter, and certainly Malfoidacil wouldn't want it noised about among the Muggles. We could have an interesting time indeed of this, were we to make use of either Severus Snape or Bellatrix Lestrange- both of whom Ang so conveniently assigned to Mordor.

Anyway, I'm rambling somewhat. The above plan popped into my head just now, so don't think that I'm set on it. It's just an idea- albeit I'd say an interesting one- and is certainly subject to Moderatorly scrutiny. In any case, I'm trying to get our creative juices flowing.

~Michael A. Joosten - Hyarmenwë's Keeper~
First thing's first. Formy, you still need to edit the following from your last post for consistency:
Quote:
"I think you and the Lady Angawen alike have taken a touch too much offence to the proceedings thus far," Hyarmenwë said, raising a hand and inviting Bearugard to sit with them at the table. The two chairs belonging to it were already taken, and only a rather bare-looking footstool remained. Bearugard sniffed at it disdainfully, and refused it. Hyarmenwë ignored him and continued.
Now a response to your PM.

1) We could risk anakronism by trying to contact people from Mordor who were in correspondence with Dracomir. This is not advantageous as it wil probably lead to assignment.

2) We can't snoop around as we are being kept under guard.

3) The fact that he is a wizard is a good one to use against him. But only if we can relate the news to his father who is in faraway Gondor. Used as a threat, it will not be immediately effective. Nor would it be effective in the long term, as he could get Alli to prevent all messages going into Gondor.

4) If Mardil didn't trust Dracomir, he wouldn't have sent him. One of us could bring this up to ease the conversation away from Malfoidacil, demoting him from a major threat to a minor worry.

In fact, if you guys can't think of anything in then next day, I think I'll do that. My next post will consist of Angawen angrily approaching the Mordorian guards and demanding to consult Alli as she has rather rudely not given us any details about the current situation. Angawen will attempt to clarify the situation in the minds of the Gondorians. The post will start in Bearugard's room and culminate in a verbal confrontation with the guards.

I had planned on leaving Bearugard and Hyarmanwë lingering in the background in the hall whilst Angawen shouts at various people, so I won't have to develop them too much, unless you want me to put anything else in. If so, do tell me.