View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 02:58 AM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

along with the possibility of 'redemption' for orcs - what about the possibility for Morgoth?

i was just re-reading the 'valaquenta' - one of the passages struck me: ""Among them[the Valar & Valier]Nine were of chief power and reverence; but one is removed from their number." that one, of course, is Melkor[Morgoth], who through his greed, jealousy and anger, broke the original fellowship of the 9 and fell into darkness.

in addition to this fellowship, i started thinking about the fellowship of the 9 in LOTR, & about the fall of boromir into darkness; his eventual understanding of the wrongness of his thinking about the fate of the Ring; and, finally, his eventual redemption & death. i wondered if this were a re-cycling of the breaking of the original fellowship of the 9 mythos. & if so, did it leave room to suppose that Melkor could eventually experience the eroors of his dark ways and be redeemed?