View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #699
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Our PM post never got started, so it's up to you and me. I'll write as the inspiration comes. You do the same. We'll see how it threads together. Since there's only two of us (for all practical purposes) we can edit in whatever we want wherever we want.

As far as researching dreams, perhaps an advanced Search on dreams might be doable with a very tight "from-to" set. That way we may be able to access what we need without having to search the entire haystack.

Regarding Mithrellas, I recently learned something important about the nature of self-sacrifice. It goes like this: Jesus was able to face his passion & crucifixion on 2 bases: (1) his love for us, and (2) they joy that awaited him. Remember, he gave up all the glory of his deity when he came, so he faced it as a human without sin. Similarly, Aragorn was able to live a long life of self-sacrifice for love of Gondor, Hobbits, Arwen, Gandalf, and many others; and for the joy that awaited him once all was achieved.

So we have precedent from two good sources for Mithrellas. If she is nothing else, she is strong. She has been able to keep her hope alive throughout a millenium of her Lady's despair, and she has been able to keep her mind safe from the wiles of Tharonwe; not only the wiles, but he didn't even know she existed! That is strong! And noble! And pure. Holy, even. You do see where I'm going with this?