View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #703
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm feeling at sea and rather intimidated. Maybe it's I'm tired and am not quite ready for such a load of research into past posts. Yike. I'm not even sure what Tharonwe would even want to try to do. See, he's disgusted by Nimrodel's agedness, for he himself has not aged, as such. So his love (greed/lust, whatever) has been swallowed up by disgust and hatred. So now he actually hates both Amroth and Nimrodel, and does not want her for himself after all, but just wants to defeat them both, precisely because all he has attempted in all of this has turned to ashes, though caused by his own deeds. That doesn't matter to him. But how on earth can he defeat them both? Not by killing them. The only way he can think of (I can think of) is to doom Amroth to a forever searching for Nimrodel in the depths of wherever she is - some kind of limbo. Tharonwe has developed his osanwe with the addition of hypnosis now, and that should be a powerful tool.... somehow. But that's the best I can do, for him. Raefindan is by contrast easy. He will simply attempt to defeat whatever Tharonwe tries to do.

Thoughts?