View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
*hears the medic's words from the door and turns*

Show me a verified theory, any theory, and I'll show you a perpetuum mobile...

You can predict a thing happens - like that a hypothesis "works" - for any foreseen scenario, but they always predict only individual cases ("this pen on my hand will fall if I release it now"). But the fact that the prediction is fullfilled has nothing to do with verifying any abstract theory whatsoever (how do you jump from a positive result of an individual pen dropping to the law of gravitation?).

So let's just stick with probabilistic theories leaving room for indeterministic factors in the universe and forget that outdated mainstream hodgepodge that is suited for naturalists and other mechanical deteminists who don't have the faintest of the actual quantum-machanics behind the universe but are stuck with their 18th century views on things?

Oh, my test-tubes... excuse me...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote