Thread: Best Fighter
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #34
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
And Faramir, must you insist on keeping Galadriel above a powerful angelic being (Gandalf)? I wouldn't even put Elrond (who's part angel) above Gandalf. I would put Gandalf above all third age individuals (except Sauron).
Yeah, but tp, that's exactly why Gandalf shouldn't be on the list at all. He's an angelic being, which gives him an unfair advantage. Although there is no doubting that he can certainly whack a stick, and yes, I'll admit it, in the books he claims that not Aragorn, nor Gimli, nor even Legolas could hurt him physically once he is reincarnated. And like you said with Elrond, he's part (although a small part) Maia, and so really, he shouldn't get to be on the list either. Galadriel is pure Elf.

Although on second thought... should Ringbearers be considerable? They, like I just said about Gandalf, have an unfair advantage. Sure they are all powerful in and of themselves, but the rings give that extra pinash. Would they be as powerful without them? Nope.

Fea