Thread: All About You
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 07:22 AM   #121
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Name (that you go by): Pam, Peejay, or Peej. And yeah, my engineering pals call me "monmon"
Age: 21 (and a half--problem with being born on the middle of the year is: you don't really know how old you are)

Future Aspirations: To sing, to write, and to travel A LOT.
Goal in life: I want to write a magic realist novel based on my grandma's life. I'd love to sing as well. But to top all of that, I want to have a family with great kids.
Short term goals: In a few days, I'll be reading a poem in front of all the literature biggies here in the Philippines as a tribute to a deceased writer. Hope I can pull that off. Also, I'm hoping that my thesis will hit gold.
Passion: Singing, obviously. Reading and collecting books (I practically hoard the Book Sale stalls in my area and manage to find great stuff--like "Merlin's Ring" for less than a dollar's worth)
Hobbies: reading, reading, and collecting cd's (I'm trying to diversify my interests)
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): I "brought the house down" when I sang in front the WHOLE SCHOOL when I was a high school senior. I'm also famous for doing a "Maya Angelou" at a poetry recital.

Fave book: "She's Come Undone," "House of the Spirits," "Anthem," and both books of Samuel, and the gospel of Matthew in the Bible
Fave movie: Signs, Moulin rouge, Hook, The Green Mile
Fave sport: I only love watching soccer
Fave store: Anything with books in it
Fave music: Bach and Vivaldi are the greatest! kinda "overhearing" Dream Theater from my brother's room---I like them too. Chicago, LAGQ, Nigel Kennedy, Yanni, anything Celtic, Hillsongs, incubus, josh Groban (I dream of singing with him one day--who knows?), Sarah Brightman, Norah Jones, and jazz. I'm currently listening to YES, too.

What you can't stand: Racism, closed mindedness, and people who reduce you to an issue, label, or preference. I also hate backbiting people.
What you plain dislike: I hate traffic. And all the bombings and shootings. The "Us and Them" mentality.
Who you admire: BW. Seriously. My dad-one of the nicest guys I know. My brother--so talented. Josh Groban. and yes: Oprah Winfrey and Maya Angelou.
What you most love to do: Researching Celtic and other European legends, being a "mother figure" to people who need someone to talk to. And yeah: singing.
Your self-confessed flaws: Procrastination and the ten lbs that linger within me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
What intrigues/fascinates you: Celtic legends and St. Patrick. Languages and the culture behind them.
What scares you: I have this wierd phobia on clouds. Long story that predates adolescence.
Quotation to live by: "You have closed their minds to understanding; therefore you will not let them triumph" --Job 17:4
and
"...the burned hand teaches best. After that advice about fore goesto the heart." --Gandalf the White

Additional comments: I've got a long way to go

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote