View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 10:00 AM   #38
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Phantom greeted the dwarf with a friendly nod, and motioned for him to take a seat at his table. "I wonder where those girls are. Probably still primping. I was up this morning at 3:00 preparing myself for the party. I don't like arriving late, just in case there is a shortage of vittles, but by all appearances that will not be happening here."

The Phantom then turned back to Rytien. "Yes, the party may be slow now, but it is still very early. I will withhold my opinion until more guests have arrived and the entertainment has begun. It will have to be quite grand to top the birthday party I threw for myself last year, but my mind's voices are telling me that this party will indeed surpass all parties ever held in Middle Earth."

Both Rytien and the dwarf seated next to her raised their eyebrows at The Phantom's last remark. They guessed by "my mind's voices" he was referring to his uncanny mental abilities, which, after last year, were no longer doubted. Not only had he predicted the earthquake that had destroyed many of the castles in the area, but he had also increased his wealth in the stock market by roughly forty times, in a down year. With this in mind, The Phantom's two dinner companions knew beyond a doubt that this party would indeed be excellent.

The Phantom suddenly noticed the sign in the middle of the table, but merely dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "We'll move when they come. I'd actually like to thank them for their hard work, so staying in these seats will provide us with the perfect opportunity to do so."