View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #382
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield Eodwine and Falco

The news that faced Saeryn was dreadful. The man of Eomer and the hobbit were saddened for her, and the boy Dégas, and expressed their sorrow at her loss.

Eodwine said, "Lady Saeryn, though I am most curious, you need not tell us a thing about your family, not until and unless you are quite ready." He turned to Maercwen. "Mayhap we could have that cider that the good lad has offered up, and thereby quench some small bit of sorrow in shared drink and company."

Maercwen nodded and scurried off to the kitchen.

Soon drinks were had all around, and Eodwine for his part was grateful that it was cider instead of anything stronger. Once they had quaffed and taken what solace could be had from their shared company, Eodwine stood and said, "Long has Master Falco Boffin been waiting to be shown the Great Hall of Meduseld, where I must go to report. It is time for me to take him there. I offer to take Gudryn under my protection, with the aid of Harreld and Garreth, if they desire, as far as the King's hall, where I will ask what may be known of this Rand fellow. Maybe we can get to the bottom of this. And while we are busy with it, I shall see that Gudryn is provided with seemly clothing for a young Rohirric lass. Then maybe we can all meet again here toward evening and learn what we may. Maybe the Lady Bethberry would have Gudryn accompanied by another lass to keep her at ease? And what say you, Gudryn?"