View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #389
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine and Falco

Gudryn gave her assent to Bethberry and Ruthven's offer of the pick of what clothing lay around the Inn.

While Eodwine waited, he took note of the dark haired man with the limp, whom Bethberry served while Ruthven saw to Gudryn. Eodwine walked over to the man while Falco settled down near the hearth, smoking his pipe, as usual.

"Good day and well met." Eodwine offered his hand. The man turned, looked at him askance a moment, hesitated another moment, and then raised his hand to Eodwine's, who shook the other's as if nothing odd had occurred. "I am Eodwine of the Gap, messenger of King Eomer."

"Alrik," the man responded.

"You seem somewhat familiar to me, Alrik. Of course, I travel much for the King of Rohan, and may have seen you anywhere from Pelargir to Bree! Or was it the war?" Eodwine glanced at the man's leg, for he had seen his limp. "Do I perhaps know you from the war? I was with the muster of Rohan to Pelennor, and then at the Gates of the Morannon with King Elessar. Were you also in one of those battles?"