View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 09:32 PM   #19
The Green Ringwraith
Haunting Spirit

Location: On the edge of the world I'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home.
The Green Ringwraith has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Green Ringwraith Send a message via AIM to The Green Ringwraith
Sting

I don't think its anybody's palce to insult anyone else here. We are all expressing our opinion. As someone said up there (forgot who, I hate my short term memory) this is free speech. No one is pressing their beliefs on anyone else, so lets not get upin arms over this. It would be quite stupid.

I myself am a Christian. A bunch of my LOTR friends are. We are pretty into it, but we have never really looked into the theologic aspects of it until recently. I have entertained the idea that Tolkien based his epic on WWII until someone so "nicely" shot me down and outright told me "No, he didn't you idiot". So I've dropped that after finding out from other sources it was true. I agree with a bunch of things you said, Aerandir. Very nice, good way to break onto the scene. Welcome.

I cannot say much now as I haven't reasearched much yet but I think its cool how you've noticed those things.

-GN

EDIT: What's an allergory? *feels stupid*

[ February 06, 2003: Message edited by: The Green Ringwraith ]