View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 12:39 PM   #352
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
You'll love this one....or not....

Who is Arwen's paternal first cousin thrice removed?
I think she has several, none of whom she lived at the same time as.

Her paternal first cousin is her father's sibling's child - ie, Vardamir Nolimon, titular second King of Numenor. That much I could do without looking at the family tree.

You can't go three generations up from Vardamir (well, you can, but you hit Earendil, who's Arwen's grandad, not her cousin), so you have to go down. Known members of the fifth generation of the House of Elros are:

-Irimion Tar-Meneldur, big fan of stars, not a big fan of his son bickering with his wife.
-Silmarien, unfairly untitled mother of the Lords of Andunie.
-Isilme, the 'and Peggy' of Tar-Elendil's kids.
-Caliondo, grandson of Tar-Amandil, and father of Malantur, Tar-Aldarion's heir apparent until he changed the law to let Ancalime rule (quite right too).
-Cemendur, great-grandson of Vardamir, and grandfather of Hallacar husband of Ancalime.
-Lindisse, sister of the above.
-Ardamir, brother of the above.

That's, what, seven named characters in the fifth generation? I've got to be honest, I didn't expect anywhere near that many. I'm not at all sure I haven't missed a couple, either.

(Does the tree branch out this much all the way down? I kind of want to look into that at some point...)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote