View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 06:47 PM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
With Gimli, might it be using the One as a foundation for enormous wealth and prestige among his people, as the Dwarves once used the Seven?
Or perhaps use it to recover the captured Dwarven Rings?

I wonder if Frodo's was to hand over the responsibility for the quest to someone else. It's what he does a couple times - with Aragorn, and later in Lorien with Galadriel. But if that is so, I find it curious that he should "fall" to the temptation in truth so quickly after Galadriel's test, and with the test-maker too.

The one I am absolutely baffled about is Legolas. Like Aragorn, he doesn't seem to fazed. But what could possibly tempt this happy-go-lucky guy who just cheerfully goes along with whatever insanity his companions get up to? It's like he has nothing he'd rather do than chase orcs with Gimli anyways. Not until he gets the "Sea-sickness".