Thread: Bye Bye Balrogs
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2001, 01:23 PM   #37
Bob Wehadababyitsaboy
Animated Skeleton

Bob Wehadababyitsaboy has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pile o' Bones
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Bye Bye Balrogs

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> Is there a reason you can't post it directly Bob? lost file or somesuch?<hr></blockquote>

No.
No lost file or somesuch.

I didn't and don't _want_ to participate in this project at any level other than helpful suggestion, although this is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain, much to my dismay.
Thank you very much H.I. [I forgive you anyway].

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> Waiting for H-I to post it [or not] is a little bizarre.<hr></blockquote>
I work in Bizarre ways. I leave Mysterious to someone else.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> I don't think we can stretch the Boldog thing as far as some have suggested.<hr></blockquote>
I'm not discounting the idea actually, and I think I even stated it was interesting. I had already looked into it, and from what I have seen, it even _sort-of_ fits to a degree---but is not the end-all-beat-all answer to the question.

There is the Mysterious jump from 3 to 7 [leaving the Mysterious number of 4---coincidentally or not, the number of _named_ Maia Orc-Lords].

<blockquote>Quote:<hr> Here's where I'm still a little confused. Do you mean that the other Balrogs weren't Maiar? Or just that they were less powerful Maiar?<hr></blockquote>

Both and neither---according to your interpretation of Spirits.

</p>
Bob Wehadababyitsaboy is offline   Reply With Quote