View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 10:24 AM   #145
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

10. Your wife threatens you with Divorce [ for the tenth time] and you are reminded of JRRT's line in the Biography ' somethings you have to be willing ot fight over'.

9. It is of course your default screen on the pc, although you may perhaps spend too much mental time pondering which forum should be there...

8. your children roll their eyes when they see the green and black...*DAD can you please.....*

7.All of your M-E books are within arms reach of the computer so you can respond as effortlessly as possible, well most, you, of course have to many for them all to be that close...

6.YOu can far too easily find 10 of these!

5.You start wondering what BD'ers live wherever you are traveling to [even though the admins don't exactly approve [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]]

4. You realize with [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img], that it is your favorite social circle - by far.

3.Too not appear so much of a fool you actually have 2 english handbooks, a thesaurus and a dictionary right where valuable ME-E book real estate should be on the desk [thanks maril and bethberry [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] for the gentle chastening, I hope I have improved at least somewhat].

2. You decide to try and right the ultimate guide to M-E and you can immediately think of 2 fellow downsman to aid you...

1. Becuase of the Downs you actually start trying to write the thing! [with the aforementioned helpers agreeing of course, how could they resist - they too are BD'ers ? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
0. you are no longer puzzled by Burrahobbit, he has become a comfortable [if predictably odd] part of the BD ambience *lindil pauses ponders using the 6th emoticon from the left - decides it is below his extremely exaggerated sense of dignity and types this instead].
--------------------------------------------

earlier it was said: "Don't keep us from knowing if you are currently on line! Because I always like knowing who's on when. Besides I am not going to be bashful about being on this website a lot."

heh heh,BTW.... the mods can see who's hiding so it is useless, cause then we all just talk about you on Mod Gorthad [no we don't really - actually we hardly communicate at all amongst ourselves [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]] but we can see who's trying to hide from Who's online...

Quote:
(Ghastly Hobbits beckon with skeletal fingers):
"Come, Hilde [*lindil substitutes own name*]. Come to the RPG Rooooooms! Why, they hardly take any of your time at allllll. Just a few minutes a day. You know you want tooooooooo..."
you mightly resist the temptation, even of the now famous Entish Bow....you resist,
you resist,

YOU RESISIT!.....you res..............

OK just open page of one RPG, that's all...*lindil slides down into the abyss of one final straw breaking the camel's back of too many M-E projects and intersts...AAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......*

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: lindil ]
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote