View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 03:03 PM   #46
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As they approached the outskirts of the Shire a great commontion of shouting could be heard. Without warning a band of around fifteen sturdy hobbits surrounded the three companions with swords and bows at the ready. The tallest approached them.
"I am Moro Gamwich Scout of the Shire." The hobbit looked at Mattius and Faye slowly then turned to Radagast. "Gandalf...?" he whispered to himself whilst focusing his eyes.
"I am afriad not young Moro. My name is Radagast, indeed you may mistake me for Gandalf for he is my cousin." The hobbit captain sheathed his sword and wiped the sweat from his black hair. He signalled to the other hobbits to lower their weapons.
"And what is your business here good wizard?" Faye interuppted before Radagast had a chance to reply.
"Now come here Gamwich!" her mood was extremly hobbitish again, "I know you, you know me, let us pass! We need to speak with Pippin!"
"Take no offence please Faye but the rule from the top is that no-one, friend or foe shall be allowed to pass until given permission by either Mayor Gamgee, Merry the Magnificant or Thain Peregrin."
"We shall wait here my good hobbit until such permission arrives." said Mattius.

As the three of them waited they talked to Moro concerning what had happened the night before. It seemed that the beast had come upon a small group of hobbit scouts who had sensed danger in the area. Eighteen hobbits were involved in the fight and four were killed. The survivers said that it had fled but did not talk about the its appearnce and were still recovering in the small hobbit House of Healing. They had carried the bodies of the fallen hobbits with them for burial in the Shire.

At length the messenger returned.
"Come, Master Peregrin is expecting you." With that Faye led the way whistling to herself while Radagast and Mattius took in their surroundings and pondered upon how the others were getting on.

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]