View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 06:47 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I have to admit I am by no means versed in all the Professor's writings on the subject.
Being a devout Catholic, and adhering to Biblical Creation, I would think it natural though for him to have the "corruption" take on Orcs.

It is made clear in the Silmarillion,, with Aulë and the Dwarves, that while the Valar could make physical bodies, imbuing them with fea was beyond them.

Quote:
"Thou hast as a gift from me thy own being only, and no more; and therefore the creatures of thy hand and mind can only live by that being, moving when thou thinkest to move them, and if thy thought be elsewhere, standing idle".
Of Aulë and Yavanna

Why should it be any different where Melkor was concerned? The greatest of the Valar, perhaps; but still a creation himself.

Moreover, it feels wrong for Melkor to be a creator. Wouldn't that make him indeed a peer of Ilúvatar, and his lies to Húrin truth?