View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 03:30 AM   #29
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, let me get this straight.

Good sides to having a bear
- it makes more sense for the bear and his lover to side with us (that would make the odds 18 against 3 and with a double ability to try to take out a wolf).
- even if the bear and his lover don't choose sides yet, they have a reasonable chance of killing a wolf even at random.

Bad sides to having a bear
- two kills per Night. Apparently I'm the only one freaked out by this atm. It's in the bear's interests as well as the wolves' to get rid of the gifted so this does not bode well.
- also, consequently, my maths say that if the bear and his lover choose to side with the wolves, then the worst case scenario is that we can have a total out in the open vote conspiracy that can make the village lose as early as Day4.

Also, I don't personally like the idea of a duo of people who can choose their allegiance having this much power, that's too much of a source of chaos. Otherwise, the ratio 16 innocents against 3 wolves sounds like we shouldn't be too worried, but we should not let it fool us. Let's win rather sooner than later, alright? I'm still annoyed by the wolf victory in the last game!!

In conclusion, we should focus on finding the wolves, but personally I'm not too saddened if the bear and/or his lover become casualties in our wolf hunt. No offense, but I will feel safer without a bear roaming in the Night, even if the bear is trying to kill wolves, because I don't trust anybody's judgement more than the collective judgement of the village. (And honestly I don't see the cobbler as a big problem.)

Now let's just cross our fingers and hope that the bear and the wolves kill each others for us. We can deal with the bear later if they start to become problematic.

edi: xed with Nerwen
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote