View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #54
Thulorongil
Haunting Spirit

Thulorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thulorongil
Sting

Wow, Feanor, I'm sorry! I was just checking back on this thread I really enjoyed, and I realized I never defined Dren for the world. My friends and I decided we needed a name for all those people in the world that had a problem with us being ourselves, or nerds. So with a little creative spark, we reversed the word Nerd and came up with a perfectly suitable solution. (It was either that or "keeg" which just sounds dumb.)

That's another example of going out against the Drens. Our little group's name (the UNGG; see above) that came out of too much sugar and annoyance with drens in our bloodstream has stuck since the sixth grade. Now in the midst of high school, there's still drens, but we like to laugh at the truly stupid things they do. I've said before that it's simply a compliment to be called a nerd. I wonder what life must be like for the people I meet who'd be embarassed to go to the Renaissance Festival in full period-garb or would sneer at the idea of studying elvish or--gasp!--READING in their spare time. Well, I know one thing: they wouldn't be caught dead here!

Too bad for them.