View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 12:44 PM   #14
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Okey, I am going to try to be a bit more spesific...

First:
If we want to make a Silmarillion as a 'history book', I think the only changes to be made are a couple of names, a bit extending here and there..

But, if we want to make a more complex Silmarillion, I really think we should thake the links in BoLT 1 an 2 about Eriol and Rúmil. Their coversation itself tells alot about the different chapters and stories. This would of course mean a lot more work, especially to mix story and the conversation. Doing this would not mean just editing in the valaquenta, but nearly everywhere, since the conversations between the two of them continues...(Hope that made sense..)

Second:
Quote:
The account of the Masions of the valar was very largely lost in the subsequent versions. In the published work nothing is told of Manwe's dwelling, save the bare fact that his halls were 'above the everlasting snow, upon Oiolossë, the utermost tower of Tanqueitil' (page 26.)
taken from BoLT 1 page 88 (v) the dwellings of The Valar (pp.73.ff.)

If this is interesting at all... then you should read the chapter: 'The Coming of the Valar' BoLT 1...

If it's not, interesting, don't read this one more time.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That was about it.. I think..

*nova* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 03, 2003: Message edited by: Novnarwen ]