View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 02:41 PM   #77
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

I just wanted to thow my personal definition/opinion on Mary Sues. I can rarely stand Mary-Sues at all. One, because often the author leaves our any good info on the character, making her the same as any other run of the mill, standoffish protaganist female. Half-Elven Mary-Sues are crazy most of the time. The real half-Elven(of course I mean in LOTR) serve some purpose to the plot, most mary-sues don't. I admit that I wrote quite a few Mary-Sues in my early teens, but I didn't write fanfics back then so all my characters were exchange students with red hair and the attention of everyone surrounding her. I guess my dislike of everybody else's mary-sues stems from the fact that I can see alot of my early writting in them. My definition of a Mary-Sue is that she gets everything she wants in the end.

Quote:
A) it fits the fandom (no droids in Middle-earth unless you have a logical way of getting them there)
Hear Hear, I'll drink to that. I once read a crossover Inuyasha/LOTR, it was crazy how the author got them to interact AND STAY TRUE TO THE STORIES! That's talent. I have quite a soft spot for a good crossover fic.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote