View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
You're actually both right. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bombadil is a Time-Lord, Goldberry his companion, and his house is really a TARDIS, capable of adapting its layout to accomodate whatever passengers ol' Tom may have picked up. The wardrobes are first door in the left, second right, under the stairs, past the bins, fifth door on the left.

Proof? Both are kind of rectangular and belong to characters who appear to help people in need. The Doctor has a phone you can call, Tom can be summoned by a verse.

This theory also has the advantage of explaining how Tom saw the first acorn and remembers the time before the Dark Lord came from Outside, while Treebeard is still the oldest of living beings: Tom travelled back in time. That simple.

Also, Goldberry says it plain and simple:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFotR Book I, Ch. 7: In the House of Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil is the Master.