View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 07:50 AM   #94
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Startled out of peacefulness, Lin flashed her dark eyes at Sorn, fighting off a sudden, futile fury. "Lčođern is out of your reach," she snapped, her anger preventing her from wondering how he knew the name. She straightened her posture, standing straightbacked in an attempt to deny his mastery over her fate. She knew it meant nothing.

"What errand are you on, that you come down here to taunt me?" Her tone was proud, high-handed and echoed the strength and defiance of her forebears, but it betrayed her on the rise of the question, trembling before she wrested control of her mind back, pushing her fear away. "Why do you tease and delay? You must know what you wish to do with me: the longer you wait the sooner they'll find you, and spill your blood on your own hearth for the insult you have done to me." Lin was not entirely sure from what source came her haughty words, the implicit challenge. A detached voice reminded her she could only hurt her position by angering him, but it didn't seem to matter much. He was manic, his leggings still stained with his own blood, spilt by his hands. If her were angry enough, perhaps her life would end quickly, before he could let his sadism loose on her, vulnerable as she was.

And so she stood, helpless and weak behind the bars of her cage, but her gaze was strong and defiant, her shoulders set and pretty mouth twisted in a sneer. The detached voice wondered if Scyld still stood at the stairs, if he saw her defiance, and whether he would think her brave or foolish...or both. She dared not break her gaze to look for his approval.