View Single Post
Old 09-03-2002, 01:37 PM   #16
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I think that Child left the Shire after the Scouring and went to live in the world of men. Her husband or fiancee (depending on her age) was killed in the Scouring, and this was the immediate reason for her departure. It also had to do with the things she had learned, and feeling closed in by the Shire community. She presumably worked with children, either as a nanny or teacher, perhaps in the household of a minor lord. I have no idea how she met Pio, but it must have been in that stage of her life.

Do you think it is possible that a hobbit woman would do such a thing? Remember that Child had some basic education from her neighbor Bilbo, and presumably might have had some contacts through that. Any ideas?? Comments??

Rose is a young relation. She's an orphan (sorry Bird! sory Rose!!) and has been given to Child by Rose's aunt to keep an eye on her for a bit. Rose has the option of staying with Child at the end of the story or going home to her aunt and uncle in the Shire (or becoming a hobbrim, I guess.)

sharon