View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #898
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril Day 7

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin walked down the path feeling greatly depressed. She decided she had to do something to cheer herself up. After a few moments of thought she decided that skipping would do the trick. She skipped down the path for a few moments and really started to feel much happier. This is when she saw a long wall up ahead and an egg sitting on top. As she got closer to it she could see that this egg had a face and arms and legs and knew that it had to be Humpty Dumpty himself.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall

“Tell me your name and your business.” he said to her as she stopped in front of him.

“My name is Alirin.”

“That’s a stupid enough name!” Humpty Dumpty said, “What does it mean?”

“Must a name mean something?” Alirin asked.

“Of course it must!” Humpty said, “My name means the shape I am, and a good handsome shape it is! With a name like yours, you might be any shape!”

“Why do you sit here all alone?” Alirin asked, not wishing to start an argument.

“Why, because there’s nobody with me!” cried Humpty Dumpty.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

“Don’t you think you’d be safer on the ground? You could fall off.” she asked him.

“Of course I would not! Now if I ever did fall off – which would never happen – but IF I were to, why the king has promised me, with his very own mouth, that he would –“

“Send all his horses and all his men.” Alirin finished.

All the kings horses and all the kings men

“Why, I declare!” Humpty Dumpty declared, “You’ve been listening at doors, and behind trees, and down chimneys, or else you wouldn’t have known that!”

“What a nice belt you have!”Alirin remarked, ignoring the accusation that she eavesdropped.

“Thank you. It was a un-birthday present from the White King and Queen.” he answered, looking rather proud when he mentioned the royals.

“What is a un-birthday present?” Alirin asked.

“Clearly, it is a present you receive on a day that is not your birthday.” he answered.

“I think I prefer birthday presents.” Alirin responded.

“Well, that is ridiculous. How many days of the year is it your birthday?” he asked.

“One.” she responded.

“How many days are there in a year?” Humpty Dumpty questioned, crossing his arms and leaning forward. Alirin was sure he’d fall off at any moment.

“Three hundred and sixty five, of course.” she replied.

“So therefore, how many days are there that are not your birthday?” he asked.

“Three hundred and sixty four.” she answered.

“So then there are three hundred and sixty four days to get un-birthday presents, and only one day to get a birthday present, making un-birthday presents much better.”

Alirin didn’t want to argue so she asked Humpty Dumpty if there was anything special about the belt.

“Why yes, in fact there is.” he answered. “It helps me protect people!”

“From what?” she asked.

“Various things that people would need protecting from, of course!” Humpty Dumpty answered, looking very proud. Suddenly he lost his balance, just as she had been predicting, and came tumbling to the ground into a hundreds of little pieces.

Couldn’t put Humpty together again

Alirin continued down the path once more, not in the mood for skipping any longer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3
Glirdan - Mad Hatter - Wolf - lynched Day 3
Greenie - White Night - Seer - killed Night 4
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat – Wolf – lynched Day 4
Nienna - White Queen - Hunter - killed Night 5
Inzil - King of Hearts - Ordinary - hunter killed Night 5
Morsul - Mock Turtle - Ordinary - lynched Day 5
Mira - March Hare - Ordinary - lynched Day 6
Skip - Humpty Dumpty - Ranger - killed Night 7

Alive
Wintywinty – Tweedledum
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Legate – Jabberwocky
Lommy – the Gryphon
Brinniel – Tweedledee

It is now Day 7. Yes you can post a bit early.