View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 02:06 PM   #135
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Talmérië fiddled with the ring that hung from a chain around her neck, briefly lost in thought about the man who had given it to her. Suddenly she felt Aman and Lindo's eyes on her, and she flushed violently, her face turning the same shade as her hair. Lindo, turning to Poppy, said dryly, "Elves have an eternity; perhaps they occasionally forget that our days are more numbered. My patience grows thin."

She fiddled anxiously with a lock of her red hair and bowed, smiling sheepishly. "My apologies, friend; my journey was long, and my mind clouds with thoughts of other things. I am Talmérië, daughter of Almarien. I am no Elf, though many people have mistaken me for one. May I pull up a chair?" Nods from Aman, Lindo, and Poppy reassured her, and she sat down. "I am sorry to have interrupted. You were speaking about music, I believe? The White Stripes, I think you had mentioned, Aman. I'm rather fond of them myself, though I prefer..." Here she hesitated, then continued, " 'harder' rock." She grinned, then sang, "I'm gonna fight them off...A seven nation army couldn't hold me back..." Her green eyes twinkled as she sat back in her chair. "Don't let me kill the conversation," she said, and smiled.