View Single Post
Old 12-25-2001, 07:01 PM   #10
Metyl_Gunnm

Silmaril

I am shocked that you bare this film so much contempt, yet can still audaciously count yourself among the ranks of fantasy proliferators around the world. It seems to me, you betray your kindred by spurning this triumph; the first truely awe inspiring fantasy movie ever to be released. I am shocked it was as good as it was. <P>It retained the majority of content plausible, any ommisions were logical, and it was entertaining from beginning to end. I am afraid you are in the minority on this one. Hundreds of thousands of movie going consumers, LOTR fan's and not, as well as critics around the nation, all think it is a fine film. Several hundred jaded malcontents like you are the only ones who spurn it so, and for little reason other than the fact they cannot concieve of any other rendition of something that is subject to the biases and unique interpretations of all. LOTR is not the bible. It's a story, and I think their are better ones out their, and it actually makes for a better film than a book.<P>My sister, a great fanatic of the books since she was nine (she is now Forty!) was the biggest skeptic, and even she came around and loved every moment of it. <P>Take it as it is, and if you don't like it, don't see it, or the next two. There are plenty of other people who have and will indulge themselves to this rare treat, and hopefully will come out better people for their journey into Middle Earth.