View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #58
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I’d like to try for the spy position. oh, I just realized that I'm too late, rats, but I'd like to post anyways, just to entertain you guys.

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? –NO - Which one? N/A

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? none

List them, please: um, None, I said that already

Please note you may play in only 3 games at one time. Ok, sure thing

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES– Which one? The Green Dragon

For your character please include:

NAME: Aramir

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Has a Gondorian make longsword, as to fit in. He also has a dark knife, that he does not pull out often, as with close inspection, it would reveal to be Mordor make.

APPEARANCE: Tall, dark, and handsome, (literally) he tries to maintain a clean cut, ‘good-guy’ appearance, as to not be mistaken for his true self.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Maintains the image of a good guy, through and through. Has a personality that seems to attract most people to him. He is witty and charming… on the outside. Inside, he has a heart for evil, and he uses his people skills to twist people so that he can use them for his own gain.

HISTORY: Born to a Gondor man and a woman from the tribes of the wild men. The children of Gondor, because of his mixed blood never accepted Aramir as a kid. When a band of wild men attacked a Gondorian infantry patrol, his father was killed, as he was suspected to be plotting to take Gondor, with the family of his wife. His mother took him into the hills, where Aramir was taught by his mother’s brother to hate Gondorians, and, as they killed his father, he believed it right away. When he became an adult, he was sent into Minas Tirith, to spy, as he looked most like one of them, once he was cleaned up. Aramir stayed there, gathering intel, and boosting his social status with his newly found people skills. But, when his uncle, and all the wild men he felt loyal to, died, at Helms Deep, he didn’t know what to do, so he kept up his image, by even fighting with Gondor at the Pelennor Fields. He went with Aragorn’s army to the black gates, in hopes to join Sauron’s army, the strongest force against Gondor. When they fell, however, Aramir slunk back to Minas Tirith, always looking for an organized force against Gondor.

Aramir’s first post.

Aramir strode down the streets in his high boots, and well made clothes. Many people that knew him well, were waving, and saying ‘hello,’ as he walked, but he wasn’t paying any attention to them right now. He couldn’t care less about who they thought he was, he was not the nice, outgoing lord, that everyone thought. He had played them all too well, over the last ten 15 years, so well, that he had grown quite wealthy from it. But right now, he was his true self, he had heard that there was a group being gathered to go after some Guriel Il Galoth. Apparently he was a traitor to Gondor, and had killed many Gondorians in the war of the ring. Perfect, Aramir thought, if this Il Galoth is still around, and organized, it could well be my ticket out of this swelling mess of Gondor scum. I’ve been here so long that I feel as if they’re attaching themselves to me, like a mold, or a virus that is taking me over, I cannot stand this much longer!

The only person Aramir was paying attention to right now was the peasant boy who was leading him to a source of information on this Il Galoth quest. The boy turned down one last road, and went to a small tavern, and pointed to a table, where a scruffy looking man sat. “Thank you boy,” he said, and he dropped a silver coin into the boys hand, as promised. He walked over to the table, and sat down across from the man.

“What can you tell me of this Il Galoth quest?” Aramir asked, caring not for small talk at the present. “I don’t know nothing about no Galoth, or no quests, ” the man said. Aramir slid three gold coins across the table to the man. “Oh, yes, I know of that quest now!” said the man, his memory quickly returning. “Well, there’s a widow Il Galoth, trying to get some men together to find this Guriel fellow, who’s apparently a traitor to Gondor,” said the man. “Is this widow leading the quest?” asked Aramir, surprised that a woman was leading a journey like this. “No, no, she’s funding it for a relative of hers,” came the reply. Aramir relaxed, Good, it’s not being led by a woman. “Her neice, I believe,” the man said as an afterthought. Then again, it is. Aramir thought about it for a second, but then realized that he would not get another chance like this for maybe another 15 years.

He made up his mind, “Send word to this widow, that the lord Aramir, will join the quest, to rid the world of this traitor.” The man looked down at the three coins and toyed with them a bit. Aramir slid two more gold coins across the table. The man suddenly gained some energy, “Of course sir, I will get right on it!” The man got up, and left the tavern, walking quickly. Aramir slowly got up, and started walking back to his villa. He was back in his ‘regular’ mood, he nodded, and said a cheery ‘hello’ to those along the road that he recognized. He strode away down the streets in his high boots, and well made clothes.