View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 06:58 PM   #154
InklingElf
Shade of Carn Dûm

InklingElf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to InklingElf
Tolkien

Aerandir Carnesir:Thank You, and I welcome you to the Barrow-Downs. I shall look at your thread soon and possibly post a reply.GOD BLESS [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Iarwain: Hehehe. It's alright, I hate it when I do that too, especially in front of my teachers! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

The Lost Road and other writings:I take it, you've read it? I'm on the part when Alboin has a dream about Elendil and acts irritable in the morning to his son, Audoin. I have a question: Why does Alboin call Elendil, Herendil? I might have missed something while I was reading. Heh.

I still think Alboin is like Tolkien. He has I believe, almost all of his traits: He's a linguist, he creates his own languages (that which is similiar and is Tolkien's,etc.

Alboin is so far, my favorite character, but I also like Audoin too.

Have you seen the Etymologies? I was certainly amazed. This book really is fit for those studying Tolkien's languages.

Iarwain tell me, what does Lewis have anything to do w/ the Lost Road? I still haven't found any story, or narrative in the book. I don't get why he is included on the summary, on the back of the book. ::scratches her head::

And the paintings: Yes, I also find John Howe's paintings impressive! I like how he paints action (Like the Flight to the Ford)