View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #111
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I have no idea. I don't remember if Innkeeper Beth ever said where her stash was.

Bethberry left to ply her trade as healer in the far East and so she would have taken with her the various herbal remedies which she had prepared--at least those that would keep. She did leave some of her goods and herbs with Ruthven, to ease the old woman's infirmities. But it's not like Ruthven can run likkety-split to help on the spot. And she isn't a healer.

Women's folk medicine was an art learnt by apprenticeship. Maybe you'll just have to wing it? Or would Edoras have a midwife who could be called upon? Hmm. One Trotula, Dame Trot, the midwife, called upon because the barber-surgeon is out of town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Question for the day: Do I wish I was a tree?
I never thought to hear you in such a D.H. Lawrence mood. Lawrence of course one wrote: "I would like to be a tree for a while."

Last edited by Bęthberry; 03-01-2006 at 09:12 AM.