View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #1439
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
In Pitchie's post that mysteriously disappeared togeter with many others he said that it's not Saruman but I'm somewhat closer - in a way - with Gonnhirrim. Also, he confirmed that Stoneland=Godor. (I'm lucky I read this before the chaos with missing posts started!)
Lucky indeed! For those who weren't so lucky, I also noted that hands aren't a bodypart you would usually aim a shot at. Which is a hint.

Quote:
I could be closer in 2 ways. Either the name of the person literaly translates to something tht sounds like "Lord of Stone", or this person has good skills with it. (In contrast to Saruman, who is Lord of Stone only because he lives in a stony place).
No comment.

Quote:
Then, I doubt that this was an actual archer. There aren't that many Gondorian bowmen mentioned, and nne of them aimed for hands.
Yep.

Quote:
A "shot" could metaphorically refer to pretty much any action that has a specific intent, or that is meant to lead/go somewhere (eg a speech).
It could. But it doesn't.

Quote:
And "hands" could by a part of... anything. It could be two flanks of an army, or... I dunno.
Or it could be just hands.

Quote:
The next part, about sunset, is probably the easiest and most straightforward. Anyone recall any notable sunsets other than the one at the end of the Battle of Peennor?
Why not just read 'sunset'=west, as you did earlier?