View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 12:30 PM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The game owner, Helkahothion, will play 2 characters.

Name: Anuionin

Race: Dwarf

Weaponry: He carries a large two-handed axe, two throwing axes and two one-handed axes.

Description: Anuionin has like all Dwarves a rugged beard and is dressed in wool clothes. He prefers the wool from Bree and is very fond of sheep.

HISTORY: Anuionin is a dwarf that has settled in Bree when he got there a hundred years ago with his father to buy wool. He totaly fell in love with the place. During the first wolf-raid, he grew very fond of Hamfast and has used part of his gold to buy the house next to him. The two of them can go along very good. Anuionin has love for Bree and will do anything to protect it.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Name: Bordarigorn

Race: Man

Weaponry: Bordarigorn carries an Elven dagger he got from Anuion, an Elf friend of his, and a spear. He also carries a bow and arrows and a shield.

Description: Bordarigorn has a circle beard and is quite muscled. He can perform some strength tricks and uses his shield to bash trough defenses. The wolves will prove a big challenge since they are low at the ground.

HISTORY: Bordarigorn left his parental home when he was 23 years old. During his travels he met up with Anuion, the Elf, and the two became best friends. He has fought many battles, the most recent being the one he and his friends fought in a cave in the Brown Lands. He got his shield and spear after battling with a group of men against two cave trolls. The front of the shield is clothed with Troll skin and very strong.

*+*+*+*+*+

Helkahothion’s post

There was a battle, early in the Fourth Age, fought near the boundaries of Lothlorien, between Easterlings, Orcs, and the Elves of The Golden Wood. It was fought over Anuion, an Elf messenger who carried vital information for Galadriel and was captured by the Easterlings.

There should have been nothing that out of the ordinary about the battle that followed; the Elves got rid of the Easterlings in a very short time, only a few days, but there was something a little different as well. Two Easterlings were left and stubbornly still tried to resist. Amazingly, something unusual between the two races occurred – the light of reason shone out brightly, and the two sets of foes were able to talk calmly to one another and reach a peaceable conclusion. Those who were left felt a little strange when they departed from the battle scene - it was almost as if a feeling of fellowship had grown between the mixed group.
But, as after all battles, there were casualties, even among the Elves, one of these being Durelin - a close friend of Anuion, the Elven messenger, a friend of Anuion’s, Telpeheled, and his close human friend, Bordarigorn. Once Durelin was buried, the trio separated, but only for a while.

It was only a short time after the battle that they received a message from King Elessar, asking them to come and meet with him, so he could commend them for their bravery. Bordarigorn had said farewell to both Telpeheled and Anuion and was feeling quite depressed. He was hardly ever separated from the two and hated to be so. But after the war of the ring he grew concerned how it affected his parents and both he and Anuion separated to visit their own. Telpeheled joined Anuion, because he had not visited Mirkwood. They had agreed that they would meet up in the White Horse Inn in Rohan.

Right now, Bordarigorn was standing on front of the Bree gate. The man looked at him with suspicion.

"What is your business here?" He asked firmly.

He did not recognize Bordarigorn. Must have been because Bordarigorn left at the age of 18. Bordarigorn looked him in his face and just felt like laughing. The other however looked stern and was going to get an answer.
"Bordarigorn has returned home and will visit his family. With your permission I would not like to wait and hurry down there. So if you would be so kind as to move out of my way, I can go see my father and mother." He said sternly.

The man did not look as he believed him, but the name Bordarigorn was familiar with him. He opened the gate and Bordarigorn ran to the homes as fast as he could. He searched for his parental house and rushed home.

"Mother, I have returned!" He shouted when he entered the home.

A woman looked at him with her eyes and mouth wide open. She looked like seeing a ghost and for a moment she actually thought she was. She dropped the pot she had in her hands and it shattered on the floor. With tears in her eyes she ran to the man and hugged him, barely reaching his chest.

A man came in and he did not speak. It was Bordarigorn's father.

"Blessed is this day that after the war my son has returned." He said.

That night, there was a bonfire and Bordarigorn was amazed by the story of "Frodo of the Nine Fingers and Samwise the brave." He jerked his head at the end of the story when the name Aragorn was mentioned.

”Aragorn? Well, I have some news for all of you. The King has asked me to see him! After we defended Lorien, he asked to see us, to commend us for defending the Golden Wood. I intend to set off tomorrow.”
And so it happened that next morning he headed out down the road to visit Aragorn. He walked down the road and decided to make his stop at "The Prancing Pony" in Bree, a fine establishment. He went in and was surprised to see that the people looked relieved to see him. Everywhere he looked, people nodded at him and smiled, obviously happy that he was there. He found the Inn and took a seat at a table. Butterbur came to him and took his order. As he waited for his food, he felt a little nudge on his leg. Bordarigorn looked down and was surprised to see that he had been nudged by a Dwarf in wool clothes.

"Have you come to join the defenses?" The Dwarf asked.

"The what?"

"The town is being raided again. It's the second time those nasty Wargs came back with those wolves and their amount is bigger then ever. We already have an Elf, but he did not seem too experienced in combat. He is currently staying at my place, because he ran out of money. Would you mind helping us out and destroy those critters once and for all?" The Dwarf spoke bitterly about the wolves as if they where an old enemy of his.

What surprised Bordarigorn most was that the Dwarf gave shelter to an Elf, a stranger. He wondered who this Elf was. Bordarigorn was definitely not going to miss a battle. What could he have to lose? It would be nice to have a little battle with some Wolves and Wargs. And it would make these people happy, too.

"Of course I’ll help. Could I speak to the Elf?"