View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 10:36 AM   #85
gondowe
Wight

gondowe has just left Hobbiton.
Asgon must have a rethinking, Asgon was nobler than the outlaws (and the Hoard could have less influence in him), and not touched by the Curse of Morgoth only could be for example, (sorry, this is a retranslation of my spanish):
"Therefore many of Húrin's companions began to murmur, and the outlaws, freed from Húrin's presence, claimed that he was theirs, earned by their weapons and toil. But Asgon rebuked his men, and bowing to the king he left Doriath with his worshipers, in search of Húrin; and no story speaks of his fate."
Thingol and the Dwarves are predisposed to the curse of the treasure, the only thing, the rest of the Elves of Doriath..., I don't know.

Haudh. I think it would be a plausible way of change. I can't say if in any time you/we consider that change. Some of the "lambergolmor" of the Spanish Tolkien Society told me that is plausible, and they are word not in Neo-Sindarin, that I didn't want. But we need more opinions.

Quote: I do not fully understand what you mean here. I used parts of TN to form the text, and thus added the treacherous designs and Thingol forcing the Dwraves to stay, which are neither mentioned nor explicitly denied in Concerning ... 'The Horad'. If you think these elements are to be left out, I can agree to that. But the Dwarven Smiths never left Menegroth before their work was finished.

Ok. In C.. TH is said "After bargaining they agreed to send their best smiths to work at Thingol’s orders but at the price of one tithe of the unwrought metals. The smiths came and laboured long".
And now I can see that the Dwarves emissaries could not leave Menegroth and send to look for the Smiths.

They could be retained and could not. I meant to remove them, but could agree retainig them.

RD-EX-54 I meant with the statement "more nigh in friendship to the {kin}[following] of {Melko}[Morgoth]", it sound to me an old conception.

My quote, my fault: And I know that in C...TH Tolkien says that the battle occurred at the ford of one of the Seven Rivers of Ossir, but without name...

I meant without a ford over Ascar name. Could it be Sarn Athroth as the name of the ford over Ascar, too much naming?

I strongly think that the story must be East Road-->Athrd Daer--> Ford over Ascar.. but without naming it, or naming simply "a Stony Ford".
Don't know, what do you think.

Greetings
gondowe is offline   Reply With Quote