View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #55
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Oh dear. There've been many embarassing moments for me during my stay at the Downs, some more memorable than others..

When I was just a wee newb, I tried to go around pointing out details and bits of info and answering questions when I really wasn't even sure of the answers. :P One such incident was when I mistakenly (and smugly) told someone that Gandalf does not touch the Ring when he throws it into the fire, but rather swats the envelope containing the Ring in. Well, the discussion was about the books and not the movie, and Estelyn graciously pointed out my error. It was embarrassing, but I learned not to answer others so brashly!

Also, one of my first posts on the 'Downs was titled "SHELOB!??!" with content something like "OMG, lyke, is Shelob gunna be in TTT or NoT?!!?!" Needless to say, it wasn't exactly the best way to make a good first impression. Oi vey. The shame!

In retrospect, I see that I've made many moronic posts and generally acted idiotically in some instances, but I can only learn from past embarrassments and act properly from here on out. :P