View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #90
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
"Gaffer! Wake up! Wake up! You can't go...not yet, not yet! I can't do it by myself, Gaffer." Rudy fell to his knees and began to sob. Snatch had laid his head on Hugo's lap.

Rudy heard a voice call his name, it was Mira's. She must have noticed him and Brown carry the Gaffer out of the inn. Rudy looked up at Brown, "Get Mira inside! Keep her inside the inn, until I figure what to do," he was wiping the tears from his eyes, trying to gather himself, it wasn't working. Before Brown even had the chance to do what Rudy asked, Mira had rushed past both of them and hopped onto the platform, next to the Gaffer's body.

She started shaking him, and was whispering something, but amidst her cries Rudy couldn't comprehend it.

"Mira," she didn't look at Rudy "our Gaffer's...gone"
No response.
"I think it's time we head back home, back to pa. It's what-"
"No!" she cried "Gaffer's going to wake up...we're going to find the Entwives, with Bunny, and Tansy, and Peony, and everyone...all three of us."
"Mira..."
"No! He's going to wake up."

Rudy turned back to Brown, "I have to go inside. I have to tell the others we're going home. We can't go on. You understand?" Rudy was looking for some kind of reaffirmation, from Brown, that he was making the right choice. But Rudy didn't have to tell the others, for they were already outside.

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-11-2008 at 08:59 PM.