View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #714
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
During one of the last Days, it dawned on me that Elendil just had to be phantom. After all, Inzil knew who Elendil was so it wouldn't make sense to list Manwe and Eonwe as likely baddies. That left Morsul, who I just couldn't believe would be gifted. And it would be so typical of phantom to sneak by the baddies as a gifted without them realizing it. But I kept getting stuck on the fact that Shasta couldn't have dreamed of phantom were he Elendil. Faking a dream as a known innocent is certainly a risky move and I wasn't sure if Shasta would be so bold. But he was, so kudos to him on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel
As for that part, I sincerely apologize to both the wolves and the village for not thinking the logistics through. The lesson learnt from that: do not start an experimental game the first time you mod unless you've had it reviewed and approved by all of the ancient WW-playing community.
I do think it would've been more balanced if you had a larger village with the Cursed Cobbler as intended. Don't worry if things didn't play out quite as planned; both games I modded didn't go as I planned (in fact, they were disasters). I think modding really is a learning experience. Nevertheless, this has been a fun game and I'm sure most other players would agree.

Anyway, this was an enjoyable return after a long absence from WW. Certainly a better ending than my last game.