View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #251
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
But then again, Kuru, the phantom suspected you, and I trust his judgement (except against me).
This is a difficult statement. If the phantom was wrong about you, then upon what basis do you have such absolute confidence in him? On the other hand, if you have such great confidence in his ability...he suspected you before me. Shouldn't I then place such confidence in him and so believe the culprit is you?

However, before we rush to judgment, one thing...

As we know from The Barrow-Wight's post # 43, we were selected "randomly." I presume this means he drew our names out of a hat or something. Anyway, the point is that there is an equal opportunity for all of us to be the werewolf. The only thing we have to go on is our behavior up to this point.

As far as charges against me are concerned, I've always tried to give everyone a fair hearing. I've never argued for a rush to judgment. This is hardly the behavior of a werewolf who'd want to get the DAYs over with as quickly as possible. I wanted to give bilbo_baggins a chance to defend himself yesterday (would that he had done a slightly better job ) and, in spite of the fact that Mithalwen was clearly suspicious of me, I wanted to hear what she had to say. I'm not sure there is much more that I could say to convince everyone I'm not a werewolf except to point to my restraint throughout.

However, I'm having an extension of my thought of yesterday. Wouldn't it be a regular werewolfish trick to continue to hide in the tall grass and let the other two tear each other to pieces and then come in and cast the deciding vote? Just a thought.