View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #93
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Double Post

So I just missed the fact that there was a third page while I was posting.

So more thoughts on what I missed while freezing in class:

Only partially related to the game: I really want everyone to get out a thesaurus and look up different words for 'defensive.' That word's as worn out as the adjective 'fresh' in a poetry workshop. Of COURSE everybody's defensive. People are accusing them, whether directly or implicitly, of being evil. If they aren't, they don't want to die and have the wolves win. If they are, they don't want to die and have the village win. Either way, nobody's going to invite accusations. Except apparently The Might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Now I think Kuru's argument is not valid. One can base his voting on whether f.ex. he does not want to vote a newbie who is playing first day in his first game, or other similar reasons like that one - I'm saying that because people generally DO that, just look around even here and today! But in that case, what really puzzles me, is Nerwen's reaction. I don't think there is any reason why she should not stand behind her opinion. Was that really a joke from the start? Or did a wolf-Nerwen realise that what she said is suspicious and decided to cover it?

Whatever the case, when I mentioned Kuru. He is one whose behavior I don't really like toDay. His one-liner comments make me think of an evil sinister little dwarf (something like Mim) sitting in a corner and always adding his comments in a squeaky voice. The comments he makes are not really creatively entering the discussion, rather are pointing at other people without the one who says them actually bringing himself in the spotlight. I need to look through his posts more carefully, but I really don't like his behavior.
Huh?

Are you saying that Kuru saying to lynch wolves is... not valid?

I just got so incredibly confused.

---

My thoughts on not killing newbies on Day One:

I have no weird affection for them. Like... okay, that was badly phrased.

The reason I want to let them live isn't because I want them to have time to enjoy the game or because I feel guilty for prematurely ending their gaming careers.

I think we should leave the newbies around because I think they're a lot more likely to make mistakes as the game progresses and wolf-stress levels rise.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I have to disappoint you, Fea. TM's self-vote is 99% inspired by behaviour he saw at Rikae in the last (his first) game. She voted herself on Day 1 and got subsequently lynched, and revealed innocent.
I'm not saying TM was emulating me. Just that I'd done something similar in the past when I was guilty. Just that, whether 'younger' players know it or not, there's precedent for a wolf to play a suicide card.