View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #259
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
As Aldarion took in Aerwen's reply, he noted that she certainly seemed to know the play. If she is false then at least she has done the legwork to support her designs. I suppose I can respect that.

"Ah yes," he said aloud, "My performance did come off rather well, but since you have read the play for yourself I think we can agree that with Lord Imrazôr's writing I was bound to shine. And no- I do not find reading plays to be the least bit dull! I spend most of my time reading and writing plays, in fact. I'd be most miserable if I did not enjoy it."

Aldarion considered the question regarding Gloredhel's role, and wondered why Aerwen would not know whether or not her own sister-in-law had played the part she claimed to connect with so much. It was possible they had seen little of each other, or that Aerwen just did not care for actors much, content to direct the play in her head, as she spoke of previously. Or perhaps this was a sign that she was less than truthful...

Making a mental note of it, Aldarion continued as if nothing was wrong. "No, Gloredhel didn't play the part. That play was performed about three years ago, and at the time that the roles were being selected she had not yet secured her place as a true lead. She wasn't much more than a year removed from her teens, after all." Aldarion's mind swept him back to the day that he had been awarded the part, and he could not help but turn in his seat so that he could look away southward towards his home. "I wasn't expecting it," he said, gazing away down the Anduin valley, which was falling swiftly into shadows. "I thought I was going to be cast as Sauron, actually. It was a great part, and when Lord Imrazôr announced that Halcantar would be Sauron I was disappointed- and shocked, as I expected Halcantar to be Ar Pharazon. But Lord Imrazôr had a different idea...."

Aldarion's thoughts became a whirl of his old home, his family, his friends, the applause of huge crowds...