View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 06:37 PM   #10
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Wow! A very ambitious idea, Everdawn! The amount of LOTR movie related media is just phenomenal. I think that in terms of a single world event dominating the media, September 11 would have been bigger, but only just!<P>I think that there is just WAY too much out there to hope to list it all on one thread. Searching on google for "new zealand radiohead fan club" today I uncovered an Elijah Wood fansite, an Orlando Bloom fansite, and at least three ROTK news sites. It seems as though almost every reference to New Zealand in the world media these days is about the Lord of the Rings! I can't describe to you how ridiculous this seems to me as a New Zealander.<P>Anyway, good luck with the media watching. My advice is to buy a few of the bigger magazines when they have cover stories. They make awesome souvenirs! I tried to do that when the media became obsessed with the latest Radiohead album (well, the music media anyway) and with Star Wars Episode I. Watch out for Time magazine, I'm sure they'll run an ROTK cover soon!