View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #45
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Moria 0 - 0 Valinor

I was pleased to see Valinor on the attack in this game. They didn't convert, but at least they have the right idea. They ought to advance if they continue playing like that.

Tuna 2 - 0 Brethil

No surprise here. Sure, Brethil is a solid team, but if Tuna plays up to potential they can shut out anyone.

Tol Eressea 1 - 0 Dor Lomin

As I said in my pretournament breakdown, this year's Dor Lomin team is not up to the standards of years past. It showed in this game. Turin was almost good enough by himself to make up for it, but Lindo saved the day for TE and secured the win. If Dor Lomin wants to advance, their midfield needs to shape up and get the ball forward to Fingon and Turin. Those two are very dangerous, but they can't do a lot of damage when they're getting shot opportunities only once or twice per game.

Barrow-Downs 2 - 0 Gondor

Don't let the score fool you- this game was a good contest. Gondor was able to apply decent pressure and generally played smart. Fortunately the Downs was focused and determined and for the most part had their "A" game going. Particularly outstanding was SPM and Sleepy's teamsmanship. They really seemed to be playing with their eyes open, looking to make the extra pass and moving well without the ball.

Go Barrow-Downs!