View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #16
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Orofaniel's post

The darkness soon crept over the mines, and the cold wind made the Orcs shiver. It was always cold and goofy down there, but at night it was even worse. It was the same with the darkness; it always was quite dark, but it grew even darker as night came. The shadows came lurking as spies in the cold night, making things unpleasant for each and every one of them. Lugnûsh was standing guard at the entrance of one of the halls.

He, himself thought it was quite unnecessary to do so, since the rest of the gates were well protected. And he also thought ill of it since he didn’t believe any attack would come right now. Then again, if the chief had said that there should be guards, then he was probably right. Lugnûsh usually didn’t pay much attention to others and what they commanded him to do, because he was his own master, and he didn’t like anyone to make decisions for him. The times he was set as a guard though, he tried not to protest. He had done that once, and it hadn’t been exactly pleasant. Painful, nasty and terrifying are better words to use if you’re going to describe the awful event.

Luckily there were no other Orcs close by, and so they wouldn’t notice if he took a short nap. He seated himself against the wall, closing the one eye he still had. He soon felt asleep and didn’t take notice of the shadow that was coming closer…steadily.

“What in the name of…?”

Lugnûsh jumped in surprise over hearing the voice. He opened his eye and saw that Nazklash was standing over him with an angry look in his face. “What are you doing Lugnûsh?” Nazklash growled angrily and dragged him up. “Get up, you filthy…...and lazy, Orc!” He shouted. Lugnûsh didn’t have much time to get up on his feet.

“You should be standing guard, not sleeping!” Nazklash said again as his eyes pierced through Lugnûsh's body. “I’m sorry friend, but I do think I have to report this to the Chief.” He continued; he had now calmed down and was talking slowly.

Lugnûsh seized his arm as he turned. “I doubt you’ll do that!” He said harshly and looked Nazklash in the eyes. “You know what the chief will do with me, don’t ya?” Lugnûsh growled. Nazklash gave a short laugh.

“Aye…I do.” He said shortly and started to walk towards the door that would lead him through the hall and into a hallway. From there, there would only be some short time of walking and it would lead him directly to the Chief. “B-but…don’t you want me a-alive?” Lugnûsh asked, almost begging. Nazklash laughed again, and took a breath. “Okay then.” He said finally. “I’ll not report the lazy Lugnûsh this time then…” he said and laughed evilly while he snorted. "You dumb Orc...." He said and laughed even louder. "I wouldn't really have reported you to the chief...He's no right to be the chief anyway.." He continued. Lugnûsh didn't quite understand. He had been teasing him the whole time? Yes, he had indeed. He had never even considered the thought of reporting Lugnûsh to the Chief. "Why not?" Lugnûsh asked while he seemed awfully surprised by the very nasty joke. "Because...I was once reported to the chief and it was nasty." He growled and laughed again. Lugnûsh tried to play along, so he gave a short and rather fake laugh. he was origianlly quite annoyed with Nazklash, and what Lugnûsh thought was a very cuel joke. "I'll get him, when he least expects it..." He thought and snorted. "He'll pay."

“I’m tired,” Nazklash said a moment later. “I’m going off to sleep for a while, so get your filthy fingers off me!” He growled when he noticed that Lugnûsh still had a tight grip on his arm.

Nazklash went away while Lugnûsh remained behind. There was not going to be much rest for Lugnûsh’s one eye that night...