View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #577
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

At last!

MWAHAHA!

Well, I was delighted to finally get to be a Wolf at last, but I am not sure that I want to be one again. I thought that being an Ordo was stressful! And my home and work life rather suffered as a result ...

I actually thought that I would make a rather poor Wolf, for a number of reasons. My main fear was that I would let something slip in one of my posts which, given that I had to maintain my standard verbosity, meant that each post took ages to create. And I wondered what I would find to talk about when I knew who was innocent and who was not. But my greatest fears were that the Seer would dream of me the first Night or that my continued presence would eventually arouse suspicion (thanks to Aiwendil for heading that one off).

Still, it was great fun, and I must first thank my fellow Wolves, Eomer and Aiwendil who were great team-mates and most gracious when ruthlessly sacrificed for the greater cause. I was mightily impressed when I first saw the line-up, and I was not proven wrong. We actually didn't start off with a Wolf sacrifice strategy, but were all alive to it as a possibility if it would be to the benefit of one or more of us. I was perfectly prepared to be sacrificed myself, had anyone ever seriously suspected me. I was just lucky that no one really did, apart from a few murmurs.

Those Wolf-on-Wolf votes were the most difficult decisions that I had to make all game, and the timing of them was crucial. Lucky that I have internet access at my desk. On both Days, I had calculated it more likely than not that each would be lynched, even without my vote.

Credit must go to dancing spawn and Farael, both of whom proved to be persistent and worrying thorns in our collective sides. Mormegil, Boromir88 and Formendacil also proved rather tricksy to us. I am sorry about the little tomfoolery on my part at the end there Farael, but I could not resist. You had been such a pain to us with your persistent pursuit of Aiwendil, that I felt a little sport was in order.

Thank you too to all those who participated, for contributing to such a fun (albeit nerve-racking) game. I must admit to feeling a little guilt concerning my deception of Nilp, but it just goes to show that hidden messages are no more reliable than open statements (but more of that later, on the admin thread). I also felt rather guilty about turning Celuien against Aiwendil and then using it against her the next Day. But deception is, I suppose, the name of the game when one is a Wolf.

As for those kills, well Holby on Night 2 was indeed pure luck. We just went for a villager who was under no suspicion and who had not suspected any of us. We actually thought that Farael might be the True Seer for his attack on Aiwendil, or even tar-ancalime, for her random vote for Eomer. We did not kill either because that would lead back to the Wolf whom each had suspected.

Anguirel (Night 3), we thought might be a Gifted. And, even if not, he can be a tricksy customer. And yes, Ang, you may take it as a compliment.

On Night 4, we agonised over whether to kill dancing spawn, given that it would point straight to Eomer. We resolved to do so on the basis that it might be portrayed as a frame-up, but kept in mind the possibility of a sacrifice. I also thought she might be the Ranger, because of Nilp's reference to her as the Hunter Princess, but then I had her village role pointed out to me!

By Night 5, we were sadly depleted, but coming round to the view that mormegil was the Hunter and Boro the Ranger. Morm's reference to giving the Wolves death had caught our attention, while Boro's White Tree icons suggested he might be the Ranger. We would have killed morm (before he became too suspicious of Aiwendil), but thought it better to try for the Ranger first.

Night 6, we agonised over killing morm, as we thought there was a good chance that he would be hunting Aiwendil. But we took the risk, thinking he was more likely to be after either Farael or Kath. It was a big gamble, but happily it paid off (even though Aiwendil was taken down the next Day).

Nights 7 (Formendacil) and 8 (Nilp) were obvious choices, and easy ones for me to make alone.

Well, as usual, I have wittered on for far too long.

So I shall now depart, but not before thanking, last but most certainly not least, Shemod (and also SubmodOfRohan) for an excellently modded game. The Shakespearian theme and associated narratives were a delight to read, even when signifying the demise of my pack-mates.

Fantastic game all round, although I think that I may now need to take a break from Werewolf for a while ...

Edit: Cross-posted with Aiwendil, Farael and morm.