View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #109
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Onli

Náli's words, and especially his last sentence enraged Onli, but he gave no sign of being displeased. When he spoke up, his voice sounded just a little more starchy than before.

"But that would be a very harsh judgement, venerable master. I can understand that in your eyes, I am perhaps young," here, Onli managed to force a rather pleasant smile upon his lips, as if gently accepting an old man's misjudging of those younger than him. "But you may know that I have acquired much experience throughout the years. I have been working alongside master Vill in the Blue Mountains, and later I have served king Dáin, even though my labour was perhaps never noticed by those such as you, it was important. And even here, I have been serving Lord Balin until this very day, using all my skill and putting all my effort to help the remaking of Khazad-dûm as it was once when our fathers dwelt here, in times long past."

Onli took a deep breath, just to continue in his speech immediately.

"I understand calling the council was of need, and Lord Trór -" Onli just recalled what Náli had said about the Dwarf's official title now - So it is like I suspected, he thought. He decided to make it fast and become the new Lord of Moria. Picking his few friends to become his closest advisors. And now this old dotard won't even let me get into the council. Is it too late? Have I missed my chance? That cannot be!

" - Lord Trór will surely find my service most useful. However, I would prefer to speak to him myself." Once again, Onli attempted to give Náli as warm smile as he could. "I understand there are pressing matters he needs to handle, but perhaps with my experience in such affairs I may offer him a helping hand - certainly much appreciated in these first days of his newly acquired authority."