View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #27
drigel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

drigel has just left Hobbiton.
It's interesting to note, not that he wasnt picked as a favorite, but how many anti-Turgons there are out there. Cool to see different takes on the same reading. But yikes - dont hate the player, hate the game.

The puzzlement I have is how people like Fingon, but hate Turgon..?? To me, Turgon's (like the rest of the Exiles) story is a study of the Doom, but with a refreshingly different twist than his sires and counterparts. Its an alternate strategy, but a strategy that one could possibly say was "meant", or absolutely fated to be none other than the way it was. The aid and relationship of Ulmo, Osse, and eagles throughout the years tells me he took a path through the Doom that was the most congruent (for lack of better words) with the higher powers than any of the other Cursed.

Quote:
That is a matter of perspective dependant on the perspective of those supposedly imprisoned.
kuzzactly. There are those who like to roam, then there are those who dont.

OK I'll stop, because I either sound like an apologist for T, or I need to start a Turgon appreciation society.

edit: my favorite quote about T.:
Quote:
Now the thought of Morgoth dwelt ever upon Turgon; for Turgon had escaped him, of all his foes that one whom he most desired to take or to destroy. And that thought troubled him, and marred his victory, for Turgon of the mighty house of Fingolfin was now by right King of all the Noldor; and Morgoth feared and hated the house of Fingolfin, because they had the friendship of Ulmo his foe, and because of the wounds that Fingolfin gave him with his sword. And most of all his kin Morgoth feared Turgon; for of old in Valinor his eye had lighted upon him, and whenever he drew near a shadow had fallen on his spirit, foreboding that in some time that yet lay hidden, from Turgon ruin should come to him.
a pain in his foot and a weight on his mind... #1 and #2

Last edited by drigel; 02-23-2006 at 03:55 PM.
drigel is offline   Reply With Quote