View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #385
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien Swamp-elf and direction from here

I hadn't considered that the swamp-elf's nightmare-giving could continue after Raefindan leaves, but I think it's a fantastic idea! So yes, Raefindan can figure this out, but not until after Mellonin is willing to tell him her dream.

Let the Elves intercept. Another great idea. As for the type of "spill-over", heck, this is story, so go for the more dramatic, as long as it fits canon. To me, both do.

Let Ædegard and company stumble on the Elf before, for the same reason - more fodder for a good read!

Take the swamp-elf captive. We need a villain. The more troubled and contorted, the better (think of Sméagol). He needs to do as much damage as he can, but not just out of some kind of two-dimensional "I am evil so I do these things" motivation. You've already established (at least, to us) his personal torture at having been rejected by Nimrodel. Deepen the character. If you want help, I'd be glad to. Maybe we can all lend ideas toward this.